25 March 2009

Fantastic!

Finally, after 38 months of TTC, we're going to have a baby!!! Words can't describe how excited (and nervous) I am. I took a test just randomly last Wednesday and it was positive! (I do realize that I am the worst blogger on the face of the planet...a whole week to write about this!) I seriously couldn't believe it. I thought for sure this was just one more cruel joke my body was playing on me. I did 2 more test that day one was positive and the one at the doctor's office was negative. So, I did my blood test the next day, and it was positive too (beta was 51). I did my second blood test on Saturday morning (beta was 167...more than tripled!). I finally realized that this was really for real. I feel a little stupid that I thought for sure this cycle was a complete waste...I didn't think I O'd and Dan's SA wasn't good. But I'm so glad that I was wrong! I had my first doctor's appointment on Monday, and it went really well, I thought. Lots of information just kind of thrown at me all at once, but that's ok. I am 4 weeks and 3 days today...and my EDD is 11/30. I had a 1 hour glucose tolerance test and some other blood work all done today. I'm really, really tired and I have to pee every hour and a half, it seems, but other than that so far I feel pretty good. We've told all my parents and my sisters, so far. We'll tell Dan's parents, but that will be it for quite awhile. Everyone is really excited.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! The disbelief after this long is totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i am so happy for you too!!! please blog more, I want to follow your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete