Ahh! It feels so good to not have to think about going to work for the next week! I am very grateful to have a relatively stable job in this economy, especially one with such good benefits, but I really struggle to enjoy going. Most days its hard for me to work up the motivation to get out of bed and go to a place where its so stressful. I like my staff and a few of the other managers, but morale has been so low lately, it makes it difficult to want to go in. A big part of the problem is that we overspent payroll in December (like we always do) and are trying to hurry and make it all up before the end of January when the fiscal year ends. Apparently, there's a new item on our reviews that says if your store doesn't make payroll for the year, managers won't get a raise. That pretty much sucks, especially since the booksellers will still get raises in October. I don't make a whole lot more than the people who work for me. But, at the same time, we are making ends meet on my current salary. We may have some rather large medical bills depending on what we decide to do for infertility treatment, but other than that, it should be about the same as we spent last year. Maybe less, since we moved into a new place and got kittens and all their expenses. On the fertility note, I was asking one of my friends if he knew any specialists of here in town (his dad is a local OB/GYN). He said there aren't any (which I already thought), but his dad specializes in the hard cases and deals mostly with infertility. I guess he's very particular about which cases to take, but is willing to see me! Now I just have to either wait until my FSA money comes in or save up enough to pay my (newly increased) deductible since its a new year. I've also decided to really try hard at being healthier. I'm going to be better about taking all my pills (even the ones I don't like), eating better and actually getting exercise (which I hate to do). But I am determined to loose some (if not all) of this extra weight!
I came across your blog by way of cruising the blogworld! haha Plus, I'm a fellow -otan. I grew up in South Dakota and currently live in North Dakota.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the job thing though! I was the same way, but thankfully my hubby and I will be moving in April, so I don't have to not-enjoy work anymore.
Also, congrats on taking the steps to be healthier. It's such a hard thing to do, especially with seemingly everyone around us doing the same thing. I hope you can keep that determination and make it into part of your daily routine - eating healthy, working out, etc. I know you can do it!