19 January 2009

Trying Days Indeed

Today is the last day of my vacation. I have really enjoyed my time off from work and am not excited or ready to go back. I feel that I was able to do more things that are important to me this week than I have in forever because I was not completely exhausted. I went to the gym 4 days last week and felt good about it. My mom says she can already see a difference, but I think she's just being nice so I keep it up! Today was a rather hard day for me. We had my Great-Aunt's funeral today, I feel bad that I barely knew her. I have a few fond memories of her from my childhood, but do not think I've seen her in at least 15 years. She died very suddenly of a heart attack.I was good to see family I haven't seen in awhile but someone will inevitably ask the question of if we have kids or some variation thereof. Dan has been answering for us, which I am grateful for. I realize they don't know about all our fertility troubles, but I hate that question. We laughed on the way home that we'll just start telling them that we have 6 month old triplet boys at home, meaning, of course, our kittens. I told him we'd get some strange looks when they asked us their names and we told them Link, Chewie, and Yoshi! Its tough too, because I've been told so many times that I need to loose weight and I should be able to get pregnant. Then I see my cousin, who is much heavier than I am, and she has 2 girls. Why can she conceive and I can't? Then I got in a fight with Dan because he always falls asleep when we go to do anything with my family. I told him specifically to stay awake today during the service, because I think it is exceptionally rude to doze off during a funeral. Well, he kept dozing off and I kept poking him awake and giving plenty of dirty looks each time. He says he can't help it, but I think he doesn't try. Its not like I make him go to church very often. We mostly only go for funerals and baby blessings. I understand that he doesn't like to go but I do think that he should be able to keep himself awake for an hour long service. If he really can't, then maybe he should seek medical help. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment