The doctor appointment this month was great. Dan came with me for the first time to one of my prenatal appointments. I was more nervous this time than I had been at any other of my appointments. I think its because I've heard of quite a few people miscarrying at 12 weeks and since I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks and knew everything was fine then, I was worried that something happened between then and now. But as it turned out, everything was fine. We heard it's little heart beating away!
I'd had some questions regarding work. I'm concerned with lifting too much weight. I have to process all my own freight and returns and some of the boxes weigh as much as 40 pounds. I wanted to know just how much was too much. Apparently, there was no correct answer...whatever feels comfortable to me. Also, I spend 6-8 hours on my feet and my lower back has been killing me. She gave me a couple stretches to do to help and told me to take breaks off my feet every two hours...easier said than done! I am lucky to get my breaks in as it is right now, let alone add in an extra one! My headaches have been getting more and more frequent and extra-strength Tylenol just doesn't do much for me. She offered me Darvocet, but I said I'd think about it (this morning, however, I was wishing I had said yes!). I'm hoping a lot of it is allergy related and after the pollen stops blowing all around I won't get so many.
At any rate, my next appointment is 24 June. At that one we'll schedule my big (and possibly only) ultrasound!
Glad to hear the app went well & that LO is healthy. :) I can't believe you're out of the first tri already!
ReplyDeleteCheck this with your dr, but I'm pretty sure you can take Clortrimeton during pg. I used to work w/someone who did & she would not have endangered her son if it wasn't a safe one. HTHs!