22 April 2009

Chocolate Milk and Gila Monster Spit

I had my very first real food issue yesterday. I bought a chocolate milk chug and took a huge drink and dang near threw it all back up. Chocolate milk? Really? But it tastes so good and I love it! I had my follow up appointment with the diabetes doctor today. He went through my food journal and seemed concerned that I'd only lost 5 pounds since I'd been there last. He started talking about having me do some other treatment using shots partially made of...the spit of a Gila Monster! What?!? I guess they suppress some hormone and can help with weight loss. But you can't take it while you're TTC. I said oh, well I'm 8 weeks pregnant. He said why didn't you start with that! Now everything makes more sense. My weight loss was good then and I don't have to come back until after my pregnancy (yay!)...and then we'll talk more about doing spit shots! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the pg is doing well! :) Sorry to hear about choc milk, one of my favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd do the monster shots...sounds exotic... :)

    ReplyDelete